Friday 4 September 2015

Hunters Quay Hotel

Having told you about our journey and a little about our Scotland travels, I think it is important to tell you where we stayed at Dunoon, Argyll.





A lot of places were booked out or just really expensive and we were looking at 4* hotels as a little treat, and found this little gem of a place - Hunters Quay Hotel


All along Dunoon, you will be quite near the Loch and a beautiful view, depending on the weather!

Here it looks gloomy and pretty domineering

and here you can see the sun just peeking through and I like how there is green just on that side, almost like the sunshine is bringing the greenery over!

Now onto the hotel itself, it is run by its Director, Mr Jean-Laurent Cormerais de Germond, I will admit that we did not try to pronounce his name, for fear of getting it wrong and embarrassing ourselves.

However, Mr Jean-Laurent is really lovely, made Will and I feel welcomed and settled in straightaway.


Breakfast is served in this lovely parlour.



and we get a giant pot of tea every morning, which is an automatic LOVE from the both of us, naturally.

There is a selection of cereal and yoghurts, which is part of the free continental breakfast, or some hot breakfast for £8. I did not get the hot breakfast because while there is bacon, there is no sausage and I am NOT a bacon person. It's sausage ftw, sorry folks.



On top mornings, we were graced by this little fella's presence. Do excuse my wet hair (they provide a hair dryer but I was going au naturel)


This is the lovely, cosy living room. Will and I mostly felt like we had the hotel to ourselves, which is really quite nice ;)


And then there's the staircase leading up to all the bedrooms.


I swear I took pictures of the room, but all I have is this picture of me snoozing.
The room had a lovely King bed and a beautiful view, but for now, this is.. me snoozing.


The hotel also has a bar area, and on our last evening, we were offered a little tipple by Mr Jean-Laurent and enjoyed the drinks here.


Quickly enough, we were distracted by this Games room, and Will had to teach me how to play this.... what even is it called? Hand football machine?


Enough about the hotel, it is right opposite the pier to the ferry and about 35 minutes walk to town centre, which means plenty of walks for Will and I, and plenty of pictures for you.









On the final evening (after our little tipple), we trekked out for dinner and it was raining so hard that we were soaked like homeless cats by the time we reached the town centre. Cue picture of me all wrapped up in an attempt to show you how cold it is when it is raining in Summer in Scotland!

I hope you've enjoyed the post and if you have any questions at all, feel free to leave a comment and I'll get back to you =)



No comments:

Post a Comment